Saturday, November 5, 2011

Flight Log - 11.11.04

There was almost no one from the corp online when I logged in, so I decided to switch back to Tori see if I couldn't pick and RvB fight. I went to my favorite gate, setup a camp and waited.

It didn't take long for someone to show up. A Kestrel popped through. I'm sitting in my Merlin, feeling pretty confident, so I lock the missile frigate up, turn on the distruptors and web, and open fire. Things start off well. I take a bit of fire, but nothing I can't handle, especially since I'm doing more DPS than he is. But then one of his buddies shows up on grid. And another. And another. The next thing you know, it's me vs 11 other ships. As you can imagine, my puny Merlin didn't stand a chance.

Lessons learned:

  • Keep an eye on the overview and bug out if things start going down hill. I wanted the kill pretty bad, and I thought I could get it and still bug out after the second Red Fed ship came on grid. But if I had broke contact and warped out, I might have made it out.
  • Keep fit up to date. My fit was crap. This Merlin was an older version I used when my skills weren't so good and I needed the power grid. It wouldn't be needed anymore. I also have the skills for T2 modules and rigs
  • Keep a few ships on hand. I flew out to RvB with nothing but my Merlin. Now I have an Ibis and I'm in hostile territory. I'll have to get an alt to fly out and supply me.

No comments:

Post a Comment