Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Flight Log - 11.11.03

Always wanting to try out new things in EVE, I decided to give Red vs Blue a shot. But instead of signing up with Nate, who just joined a corp, I signed up with my most skilled alt, Tori. I chose Blue, for no other reason that Tori is Caldari and blue is the Caldari background color.

For this flight, I flew out to Blue HQ in my Merlin. Red HQ is only two jumps away, making it pretty easy to find a fight.

Being the coward that I am though, I chose not to head into Red HQ directly. Instead, I camped the gate coming into the buffer system. Like every other gate, this one was pretty boring. One WT did show up in a Vigil, a Minmatar T1 EWAR frigate. Me being me, I figured it would be an easy target for my Merlin. But as usual, I underestimated my target. I burned towards the vigil, but then he decided to run, and he outran me. I couldn't catch up. At one point though, the pilot turned, and I got within the 20km mark. I hit the warp scrambler so that I could hold him down to give my corp mates a chance to arrive. But that failed, because a scram has a range of only 7,500m. Crap.

Eventually, an interceptor arrived, pinned the Vigil down, and the other corp pilots took him down. I was 113km away at that point, so no kill board action for me.

The rest of the evening was pretty uneventful. WTs showed up at the gate, I tried to get 'em, but no joy.

Not a total loss though. I did learn that an afterburner and a scram will not cut it if I want to tackle. I need a microwarp drive and a disruptor. I also need to train my targeting skills, because it's taking too much time to lock targets up. I need to be quicker if I'm going to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment