Saturday, November 26, 2011

AAR - 11.11.26 - 13:45: Nate Scores his first Final Blows

Another busy week in RL, but the weekend's pretty clear, so I decided to go for a little flight. I hooked up with a Blue fleet flying around in Hagaken. The fleet was holding about 180 km away from a station, staring down several reds, when I got there. Not sure what they were doing, but less than 30 seconds after I got there, we started warping into the reds. The FC started calling primaries. I guess they didn't think I was a threat (and I probably wasn't), because they left me alone. Which is ok, because it allowed me to fire unmolested for the duration of the fight. I bagged my two first kill mails in EVE, ever:


I was on four other kills in that fight:


I'm not sure why that last one is considered a kill at all. I took shots at that Harby from 12 km away with 150mm Autocannon IIs, which have an optimal range of 565m. There was no chance of hitting it, it was kill board whoring at its worse.

Looking at those kills, I see I'm not doing much damage. Everyone talks about how much teeth the Rifter has, but I'm not sure I'm getting it. Granted, I haven't flown many other ships, so I can't really judge anything. I should probably look at the kill boards, see what others are able to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment