Sunday, October 30, 2011

Location, solo flying, hauling with an Orca

I spend part of the evening moving one of my alts, Toritetsu "Tori" Morimoto from Aldrat to Nakugard, where Fugawa Heavy Industries is located. Since Tori is no longer part of E-Uni, I though it would be best if he were located in the same station as the rest of my alts. He has quite a few ships, so I used the company's Orca to haul stuff around.

But that got me to thinking if Nakugard was the correct location for FHI. It does have a few advantages:
  • It's in high sec
  • It has lots of asteroid fields and an ice field
  • It's 1 jump from Hek
  • It's a few jumps from low-sec
This was a great location for FHI when they were mining, but since FHI is now out of that business, I'm not so sure.

Another thing I was thinking about is flying solo. One of the most common bits of advice for EVE players is to join a corp. Solo flying is difficult, especially in 0.0 and low sec. Since that's where I want to be, this solo idea may not fly (no pun intended). That means if I do join a corp, there's no point in me scouting out a new location for FHI.

I think I'll finish hauling everything to Nakugard (it's not much work), then decide if I'll join a corp before I move again.

No comments:

Post a Comment