Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Return to EVE Blogging

A few days ago, Neville Smit posted that he was depressed, sad and nervous. Like many EVE players, he enjoys following a few of the many EVE bloggers out there. Recently, he went through his bookmarked blog list to catch up on posts, but he realized that many of his favorite bloggers had suspended their blogs, in many cases, these blogs were gone as writers/players left the game. To Neville, this could be an indication of a high turnover rate in the broader player base, and that left him with a less than rosy view of EVE's future.

Since I'm all about making people happy, I thought I'd try to cheer Neville up by getting back into blogging about EVE.

Ok, so that's not my only reason for restarting this blog. Back in 2011, when I wrote my first post, I outlined my goals for the blog:

"This blog will be my journal. I'm hoping that by writing my journey down, I'll be able to learn by tracking successes and failures, analyzing that information, and coming up with plans for improvement. But more importantly, I'm hoping this blog will help me engage the community, so that I can learn from other capsuleers."

I don't think those goals have changed. In the process of writing this post, I was reading through my older blog posts, and I did read through posts that talked about events I went through, such as the destruction of my hauler that contained over 1 billion ISK of cargo, and the changes I implemented to prevent such a loss from happening again. As well, I do want to be part of the EVE community, and I feel being a more active participant is great way of doing so.

But more importantly, I hope that this blog will also help to encourage others to play EVE, whether it's EVE veterans that need to be inspired out of a rut, or it's non-EVE players that need a bit of a nudge to give EVE a try. This is what EVE blogs have done for me, and I'm hoping my blog will do the same for others.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks - your post and return to blogging did cheer me up a bit! Welcome back to the ranks of EVE Online observers and critics!

    ReplyDelete