Wednesday, September 12, 2012

*Facepalm*

I decided to do a bit of PVP tonight, just to do something different. So I fleeted up with my RvB corp mates, and went out hunting. I didn't play too long, and I didn't get into too many fights, but I did manage to get a point on a target, so that's an additional kill on the kill board for me.

After I logged off, I went to take a look at the kill board. I usually do so to review kills/losses for the night,  to get get some idea as to what people are flying, so that I can tweak my own fittings.

I saw that our kill was worth 34M ISK. It was a T1 cruiser equipped with T2 modules and ammo. Not bad. Out of curiosity, I decided to see how much my own ships are worth. So I picked the last loss I suffered:

http://rvbeve.com/blue/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=207998

I noticed that my ship was worth 39M ISK. What? How can a T1 frigate with only just a few T2 modules be worth more than a cruiser? It must be all those skill books and implants I had the cargo hold.

Wait, what?

It turns out that I had somehow put the gift package that CCP gave all players in my cargo hold, and went off fighting with that in my ship. I always wondered what kind of an idiot did things like that. Well, now I know. Live and learn, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment