Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back in Business

It's been two months since my last post. When my accounts were due for renewal in early July, I decided to let them run out, since I knew I would be going on vacation for a few weeks in early August. When I got back, I was busy with a few things, so I didn't re-subscribe right away.

Now that the summer distractions have come and gone, it's time to start making ISK again.

Here's what the balance sheet looks like as of today:


Assets
------
Cash                       1,908,408,192.86 ISK
Sell Orders                1,019,663,960.00 ISK
Escrow                       447,600,000.00 ISK
Contracts                              0.00 ISK
                           --------------------
Total Current Assets       3,375,672,152.86 ISK

As you can see, my balance is a bit lower than what I reported in my last post by about 640M ISK. Before I left on vacation, I got into several price wars for items I was selling. When all was said and done, my balance sheet was down to 3B ISK or so. That's where it stood when I returned. I used 1B ISK to re-activate two of my accounts, and I spent roughly 50M buying ships, modules and the skill books required to use those items for my trading fleet, reducing my starting ISK balance to about 2B or so. So really, I'm up just shy of 1.4B this past week.


For most people, 1.4B a week is  pretty good, because it essentially means that for every month played, enough ISK is earned to keep two accounts running for 4 months, with enough ISK left over to buy some items and continue investing in growth.

But it's not good enough for me.

When I returned from vacation, I was planning on doing some PVP. After all, I had 3B ISK in cash, more than enough to run an account for several months, and have enough ISK to buy what I would need to PVP. But instead, I went immediately back to trading and earning ISK.

I just have to face the facts: I'm addicted to making ISK.

I haven't decide what ISK-making avenues I'm going to pursue next. It's definitely going to be as an industrialist (as opposed to grinding missions or through piracy). But I'm not sure of the specifics: manufacturing? Trading? Research? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment